Choose your culture,treat it four ways.
We are able to share our cultural identities through the arts.
We are learning about the elements and techniques of painting.
1. We researched paintings made from Andy Warhol and took some of his ideas.
2.On a A4 piece of paper we draw our icon from our culture and we drew over it 4-7 times. I chose a fish and chip van from New Zealand because I like fish and chips, NZ fish and chips are the best.
3. On a A3 sheet of paper we lightly drew two lines to make a horizontal line and a vertical line.
4.We had to make sure that all the boxes are even and can fit a A4 piece of paper.
5.We flip are drawings upside down and drew back over our drawing so the led was pushed on the paper.
6.We had to do stage 5 three more times and drawing back over our drawings was a must
7.Then we drew back over our icon on the A3 sheet.
8. The fun but long part,PAINTING! Using these types of painting:
- Monochromatic: Shades and tints from the same hue.
- Analogous: Choose one colour on the colour wheel and use the colours beside it(eg. yellow,green and orange).
- Complementary: Colours opposite of each other on the colour wheel.
- B&W: Black and white.
10.We painted over the icon dividing lines with black and waited for them to dry.
My comment: I think it was really fun but sometimes things went wrong.
My rating on our rubric: Multistructural because I could have done better but I'm proud of what I've done.